The Chattanooga Times Free Press and Edge Magazine, in partnership with the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society, are proud to present the third annual Champions of Health Care awards designed to honor individuals and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in our community.
You can nominate a person or organization in one of the seven award categories. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges in leadership roles in our community’s healthcare industry. One winner in each category will be announced at an awards luncheon on Wednesday, Sept. 5, and profiled in the September issue of Edge magazine.
Nominations must be received no later than Friday, June 1, 2018, at 5 p.m. Click here for eligibility requirements.
- Lifetime Achievement: Honors a healthcare leader who has left a legacy on the quality and delivery of health care in East Tennessee.
- Community Outreach: Honors a company or organization that reached out of its normal sphere of operation to focus attention on a healthcare issue or help solve a community problem.
- Innovation in Health Care: Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or new process, device or service that can save lives or improve the quality of lives.
- Physician: Honors a physician whose performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Academic Physician: Honors a physician whose research and clinical work has been pioneering and recognized as exemplary by peers and patients.
- Non-physician Practitioner: Honors a healthcare provider other than a doctor (nurse, pharmacist, physicians’ assistant, researcher, technician, etc.) whose performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Administrative Excellence: Honors a healthcare administrator whose performance, care and leadership are considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Healthcare Volunteer: Honors a volunteer in the community that has demonstrated commitment and passion for serving those in need.