Celebrate the achievements of the members of our medical community at the 2nd Annual Champions of Health Care Awards Luncheon with the Chattanooga Times Free Press, Edge Magazine and the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society -- location and time TBA.
The Champions of Health Care Awards honors outstanding physicians, non-physician providers, administrators and others in seven categories:
- Lifetime Achievement: Honors a health care leader who has left a legacy on the quality and delivery of health care.
- Community Outreach: Honors a company or organization that reached out of its normal sphere of operation to focus attention on a health care issue or help solve a community problem.
- Innovation in Health Care: Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or new process, device or service that can save lives or improve the quality of lives.
- Physician: Honors a physician whose performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Nonphysician Practitioner: Honors a health care provider other than a doctor (nurse, pharmacist, physicians' assistant, researcher, technician, etc.) whose performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Administrative Excellence: Honors a health care administrator whose performance, care and leadership are considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Health Care Volunteer: Honors a volunteer in the community who has demonstrated commitment and passion for serving those in need.
Champions of Health Care is presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and sponsored by First Tennessee Bank and LBMC.