CHI Memorial will host the 2018 Southeast Regional Oncology Symposium for primary care providers on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Embassy Suites, 2321 Lifestyle Way, Chattanooga, TN. A maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits are available.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of Internal Medicine Physicians, Family Medicine Physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Interns and Residents in Primary Care Specialties, and Medical and Nursing Students involved in the care of the oncology patient.
At the conclusion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Utilizing the AJCC staging and NCCN guidelines, discuss and describe current evidence-based screening criteria for a variety of cancers - lung, prostate, skin, colorectal, breast, liver, pancreatic, urologic, head and neck - to initiate appropriate diagnostic testing and referrals.
- Review and discuss medical advances in oncology that continue to improve medical management and patient outcomes, including: Advancements in immunotherapies; breast cancer screening modalities and new technology; prostate, renal and lung lesion biopsy updates; advances in diagnosis and treatment of liver and pancreatic cancers.
- Review the roles of genetic counseling, survivorship and coordination of care between PCPs and oncologists to provide the best care for the oncologic patient.
- Discuss optimal decision-making strategies and treatment option strategies (surgical and non-surgical) for: prostate, lung, colon, breast, urologic, liver, pancreatic, skin, head and neck cancers.
- Explore palliative care vs. hospice care options for the oncologic patient.
CME hours applied for: 4.5 hours. Fees: $125 physicians, $70 other professionals.
Program committee: James R. Headrick, M.D.; Edward R. Arrowsmith, M.D.; John F. Boxell, M.D.; Davey B. Daniel, M.D.; Jeffrey K. Mullins, M.D.; Sanford C. Sharp, M.D.; Betsy J. Washburn, M.D.; J. Taylor Whaley, M.D.
For more information, download the 2017 Southeast Regional Oncology Symposium brochure. To register, download the registration form.